2014 You Are Here!
A new year has started and after a few days in I think I’ve narrowed down my goals for 2014. I’m not a stickler for the January 1st start date, as you can tell. It was difficult to decide, only because I know too many goals won’t let me focus, but I’m super excited about the list… so here goes! 🙂
1. Travel More – I think this year I would like to travel to Europe. Growing up we went to Portugal almost every year because my mom’s side still lives there. It was always wonderful between the food and the culture. Now that we’re older we don’t travel nearly as much. I’d like to go on at least one big trip and few more little ones. There is plenty to see living in the the U.S. and I’d like to venture out to experience more!
2. Blog More – I’ve felt incredibly welcomed in the blogging world. Thank you all!! It’s amazing what a supportive and encouraging group of people bloggers can be. Since I just started a few months ago, I feel it’s time to be more consistent with my blogging. It’s a little scary to put a part of your life out there and I think I’m ready to be more proactive. Looks like my poor boyfriend will have to start taking more pictures! Sorry BF!
3. Improve My Relationship with Food – I’ve blogged about this one before. I’ve basically been a calorie/macro counter for most of my adult life. Coming from a family where food is a big deal…a big delicious deal. I’ve always had to maintain my weight or lose weight according to that stage of life. When I sit back and think about it right now this comes to mind. “I eat mostly healthy and I’m not training for a competition so why am I always worried about counting calories or the numbers on the scale?” I’ve always loved all sorts of food so I’d like to get back to a place where I’m not counting or overthinking my diet, but enjoying healthy and some unhealthy food…guilt free please!
4. Books – I always figured I wasn’t a reader. In school most books bored me and I was a notorious cliff noter. Then Harry Potter came into my life. I literally could not put those books down!! Giggle if you want Potter is AMAZING! I realize it’s not that I don’t like to read but the books just have to be up my alley. So my mission is to read a few books this year ..front to back. I will look for topics that will interest me, like health, comedy or teen series because let’s face it, those kinds of books are just fun!
5. Love Myself a Little More – Finally …and probably the most difficult. We all know that we are our own toughest critics. I have so many things in my life that I love and am so proud of and sometimes I forget to congratulate myself for those things. I’m known for being hard on myself and this year I’d like to give myself a break! 🙂
I hope everyone has had a happy & healthy start to the new year! I’ve loved reading about all your New Years Goals and am looking forward to joining you all on making “2014 The Year of Me”
Anyone have any book/series suggestions?
Traveled somewhere interesting and would love to go back?