Hey Hey Hey!
It’s time for an easy peasy banana bread recipe. Our 3rd challenge for elf4health this week was to pack a healthy snack for you and a friend. Well I had some ripe bananas that I know are going to turn to MUSH soon. So I decided to go the delicious Banana Bread route.
Below is shot by shot proof that the Boyfriend approves this recipe!
(Adapted from HeandSheEatClean.com )
1 and 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Dash of salt
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg and 1 egg white or 2 egg whites
1 c. mashed ripe bananas (I used 2 large bananas)
1/3 c. Xylitol or sugar substitute
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
3. In a seperate bowl, combine egg + egg white, mashed banana, xylitol, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
4. Mix dry and wet ingredients together. Do not over stir, batter can be lumpy. ( I love banana chunks in it!)
5. Coat a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and spoon mixture into pan.
6. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
7. Let bread cool for about 10 minutes.
8. SLICE & ENJOY!
*You can eat as is …toast it and top with peanut butter or coconut butter – any way …its Tasty!
I packed some for myself and knew exactly which friend I would be brining the baked deliciousness too. ELISA! She is another teacher at my school who joined me in the beginning of the year on a health journey. Also, she is also one of my great friends. She rocks!
I dropped it off at her office …..and SHE LIKED IT!!
Elf4Health strikes again. I adore these challenges.
What healthy snack have you packed for yourself or a friend lately?
STAY STRONG & HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!